The HCG Diet / Weight Loss System
Phase 1- Day One and Day Two
- Take the HCG according to the bottle.
- Drink ½ to one gallon of water a day.
- Eat as much as you want of anything and everything. This is important!
Phase 2- Day Three Onward
This begins the VLCD (very low calorie diet) for the next 3 to 6 weeks.
- Every morning, after using the toilet, weigh yourself without clothes. Keep a daily record.
- Take your HCG as directed on the bottle.
- Make sure to come in for your weekly measurements! Also, before and after pictures of yourself can be quite dramatic.
- Eat the following:
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. A small amount of dairy is allowed for coffee. Stevia may be used.
- 100 grams (4 oz.) of veal, beef, turkey breast, chicken breast, fresh white fish, seafood (lobster, shrimp,) 2 egg whites, soy “meat” (i.e. crumbles, burgers), tofu. All visible fat removed before cooking. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed.
- 2 cups of vegetables: Vegetables include leafy greens- spinach, chard, lettuce, kale- tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage, sprouts, green beans, zucchini, squash, peppers, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, mushrooms, etc... No corn, potatoes or avocados.
- One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
- One serving of fruit or berries, approximately 1 cup.
- Broths, spices, lemon/lime juice, stevia, herbs, apple cider vinegar, Braggs Liquid Aminos, Soy Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar may all be used.
- No oils, butter, fat, bread (except for above mentioned), pasta, rice, or other grains.
The same as lunch choices (above.)
Before beginning the oral HCG diet, it is recommended that you consult your physician to be certain you are healthy and ready for this weight loss plan.
Phase 3- Ending the HCG Diet
When you finish the HCG drops, either after 3 weeks or 6 weeks, stay on the diet another 2 days, as you will still have HCG in your system.
After those last 2 days, you can go back to eating a normal amount of calories with the exception of no refined sugars and starches for 6 more weeks- You may add complex carbs for the last 3 weeks.
Do NOT lose or gain more than 2 lbs during Phase 3.
For a gain of 2lbs or more since your lowest weight, do a steak day.
You should be on the program a minimum of 23 days (3 weeks) in order to reset the hypothalamus and no longer than 42 days (6 weeks). If you have more weight to lose after being on the program, take the same amount of time you were on the diet, off (3 weeks on/ 3 weeks off OR 6 weeks on/ 6 weeks off). Once you have reached your goal weight, adopt a healthy lifestyle to keep the weight off. We recommend a South Beach style diet (lean meats, variety of vegetables/fruits, healthy fats, nuts, dairy, oils in moderation). Light to moderate exercise is recommended for a healthy lifestyle. This includes strength training, cardio, and stretching. Walking and yoga are examples of good exercise. Please consult with your physician to decide what would be best for you.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Drink as much tea/water you want. Stevia may be used
- Absolutely NO oil, butter, dressings of any kind
- You may use apple cider vinegar, lemon/lime juice and balsamic vinegar for salad dressing.
- You can eat your 2 servings of fruit anytime throughout the day.
- Do NOT skip meals
- Exercise isn’t necessary for the diet to work, but going for a daily 30 minute brisk walk will add to your success
- Mild hunger will vary from time to time from person to person and will usually last only a few days initially. Most will have no problem at all
- The hcg promotes the mobilization of fat into body fuel (2000-3000 calories of stored body fat per day) which keeps your blood sugar stable throughout the day
- If you find yourself getting hungry at the same time each day, eat one of your fruits about 30 minutes before the time you find yourself getting hungry each day
- Drink more water/tea
Feeling Sluggish, Tired, Headache
This is a sign of detoxing and is common at the beginning of the diet. Most people have found that drinking more water helps and these symptoms go away by day 3 of the VLCD. If you experience these symptoms for more than 3 days, please call.
You Aren’t Losing Weight and/or You Are Constipated
- Drink more water
- Do an apple day
There are so many meal possibilities! Take your favorite recipes and make them hcg friendly. You will find there much more that you CAN eat than can’t. We were happy to discover we could have falafel, fajitas, a variety of soups, salads. Create your favorite tomato based Italian sauce, add meat and serve over spinach. Cooked ground beef w/ garlic, onions, beans, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin over salad makes a great Mexican Salad. Or substitute chicken breast for a grilled chicken Mexican salad. Grilled hamburgers with sautéed onions and mushrooms are another favorite. Beef, onions, mushrooms, broth, salt, pepper cooked all day in the crock pot makes a wonderful soup. Beef, veggie, spinach lentil (or black bean) soup is another favorite. Throw a bunch of veggies and cabbage strips in a wok with a handful or two of bean sprouts for a delicious stir fry. Flavored Stevia and Seltzer water makes a refreshing drink. Baked apples with cinnamon make a warm, filling dessert. The possibilities are endless!
Browse HCG Recipies here!