Sweater Weather Skincare
Fall is coming fast! We’re super excited for Sweater Weather, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and plaid everything. As the temperature drops, the days get shorter, and the air gets drier, your skincare might need to shift a little too. Here are our 8 Tips for Fabulous Fall Skin!
1. H2O. Hydration is always #1. Be sure to drink water, herbal tea or warm lemon water between Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Oktoberfest Beers to stay hydrated. Drinking water also increases the metabolic rate and helps flush out toxins from the body.
2. Change Your Cleanser. Gel and foaming cleansers can be too drying during the summer months when the temperatures cool and less oil is being produced. Switch to a lotion-based cleanser at night. Your skin care professional will be happy to help you choose the right option for your skin type.
3. Exfoliate. Chlorine and Summer Sun may have left your skin feeling a little dry and flaky. Scrub up and start the new season off with a full-body exfoliation. Try a Farmhouse Fresh Scrub with a warm scent like Triple Shot Caramel Coffee, Butter Rum, or Bourbon Bubbler.
4. Go with A Heavier Moisturizer. Protect against moisture loss by changing to something with a thicker consistency.
5. Switch Up Your Face Mask. Water-based gel masks are great for hydrating skin and soothing sunburns in summer. During the fall, consider switching to a creamier mask with moisturizing oils to plump up normal to dry skin. Check out Farmhouse Fresh Guac Star. A revitalizing mask made with avocado butter, extract and oil delivers key fatty acids and vitamins to your skin. This fantastic mask is gentle enough to use daily.
6. Invest in Hand Cream. Start moisturizing your hands now to ensure soft hands all winter long. Don’t forget to grab some gloves for those hometown football games! Protecting your skin from the elements goes a long way in avoiding dry and cracked skin.
7. Protect Your Lips. Try one of our great CBD Lip Scrubs available in Pineapple Cotton Candy Apricot Smoothie Flavor to get your pucker primed. Follow up with non-petroleum based lip balm to keep your lips luscious.
8. Break Out the Humidifier. Humidifiers aren’t just good for stuffy noses. Adding some humidity to dry air can help prevent skin moisture from evaporating into warm, dry air. Snag a cold air humidifier and make sure you replace the water in your humidifier daily to avoid bacteria and mold growth.
Seasonal changes can mean a change in the way skin behaves. Following these skin tips and making some small changes now will help you keep it looking and feeling beautiful!
Another great way to care for your delicate skin throughout the changing seasons is with one of our signature facials. Getting a facial regularly will help to deep clean and exfoliate your skin and keep it looking bright and healthy. Schedule your next facial with us by calling us at (608) 783-8380, or you can always book online here- http://brilliantbodywork.myonlineappointment.com/B...