Unwanted body hair? Get your skin brilliantly smooth with our waxing services. Or check out our laser hair removal options.
Tips Before Waxing
Know the contraindications and communicate with your waxing technician about any procedures you have received on the potential waxing area.
- Avoid sun exposure/tanning for at least 5 days prior.
- Avoid heavy exercise/sweating for 8 hours prior.
- Avoid aspirin and other blood thinners. You may take an over-the-counter pain medication such as Tylenol or ibuprofen one hour prior to waxing.
Remember, one can follow all of these tips and still have some post-waxing irritation due to hormones, stress, general skin sensitivity or other factors. Therefore, for special occasions, it is best to schedule your waxing at least 7 days prior.
Tips After Waxing
A person's skin will be much more sensitive after waxing.
- Avoid tanning and be sure to use sunscreen with at least SPF 20.
- Avoid use of exfoliate scrubs, AHAs, glycolics, and other ingredients that peel or exfoliate the skin for 72 hours following waxing.
- To prevent or treat ingrown hairs, apply TendSkin 24 hours post-waxing (not sooner).
- For body waxing, a gentle scrub can be used 72 hours post-waxing. To soothe any irritation, apply to the affected area.
- Avoid heavy exercise/sweating for 8 hours following waxing, especially if one is particularly sensitive or irritated.
Still have questions about waxing? Send us an e-mail with the form below or give us a call at 608-783-8380.
Got questions about waxing? Take a look at the frequently asked questions below.
The difference between a bikini wax and a Brazilian is location.
Basic Bikini Wax
A basic bikini wax removes the hair growing outside the bikini line, so that if one is wearing a speedo or bikini underwear, he/she will have a neat, clean appearance.
Extended Bikini Wax
Some individuals prefer the line of hair to be a bit higher than others, and this can be discussed with your waxing technician.
A Brazilian wax is different in that it removes all of the hair from the bikini area, not just the hair that grows outside of the bikini line.
Brazilian waxing has become very popular in recent years, and one should not feel embarrassed by the process.
Please discuss your preference before the start of your service.
A 1/4" of growth should be present for effective waxing. This is normally about 10-14 days after shaving.
Typically hair grows back in 2-9 weeks depending on the individual. Due to cycles of hair growth one may experience re-growth sooner. This is not the waxed hair growing back: it is the emergence of hair that was not present at the time of waxing.
With regular waxing early on, one can decrease the frequency because regrowth is usually less and hair tends to become finer.
Waxing is an exfoliation of the skin. Often, when the wax is removed, surface cells are also removed. Exfoliation is healthy for the skin (even encouraged), however, too much can cause redness, irritation, and even rawness. Rarely, hyperpigmentation can result. Some clients get ingrown hairs post-waxing, especially in areas where the waxed hair is coarse and/or curly.
|$50||Leg Wax - Half|
|$70||Leg Wax - Full|
|$40||Back Wax - Half|
|$60||Back Wax - Full|
|$45||Full Facial Wax|
|$40||Arm Wax - Half|
|$50||Arm Wax - Full|
|$60||Extended / Deep Bikini|
|$115||Male Brazilian (Must Be Pre-Approved)|